May 08, 2014

Teacher Appreciation

Teaching is by far one of the most rewarding experiences of my life. I learned so much that no post could possibly include everything. I learned from my students, coworkers, administrators and from the program I worked with. I learned about teamwork, perseverance, passion, theatre, literature, friendship, loyalty and fun. I learmed to listen. I learned to learn. 

I will always be baffled by the bad reputation of the best career anyone could possibly have. I truly look up to the men and women who put this bad criticism aside, the poor pay and any chance of a life outside of work to work with our future, with the students that will be our leaders, doctors, lawyers, bankers, dentists, soldiers, business men and women, and hopefully a few, teachers.

This video is for my friends and colleagues with whom I share the same passion.

TED Talk: What teachers make

No comments:

Post a Comment