February 27, 2013

The End of an Era

According to the Mayans, the world was supposed to end on December 21st, 2012. Lucky for us, this wasn't entirely true.

Many researchers and historians tried to find an explanation to the Mayan's prediction. The most convincing one to me was that an era would end.

As I pondered this days after December 21st, I could not underdstand if this so-called era was for humanity as a whole or individually. I think that it is meant for both.

Personally, an era ended. I have become more independent, I am trying new things, enjoying small things more fully, living freely, etc. The list is much too personal for this blog.

As for humanity, I see small changes taking place. Some are for the better and others remain unknown.

What I wish and hope for our world, and for humans in particular, is that the change involves more attention. I hope we learn to pay attention to the small things, to nature, to family, to friends, to the rustle of the leaves, the smell of wet dirt and the magic in a sunset. I think this type of change will only take us to more peaceful lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment